Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Eating Yummy things while Cleansing

I started a liver cleanse yesterday which will continue for 3 weeks! I have a shake I make 2 or 3 times a day and I put a bunch of organic fruit that I have cut and frozen into the blender with some fresh squeezed orange juice, which is actually really good and kind of fools me into thinking I am getting my yogurt! Pretty much no dairy, meat or grains except for brown rice, wild rice and lentils. So basically organic veggies and more organic veggies! I decided that I need to figure out how to make some kick ass meals to make this a challenge more then something to dread!

For lunch today I sauteed some onions and garlic in extra virgin olive oil for a while to let them sweat.


Then I added the mushrooms!

Added salt and pepper and a bit of butter and of course the baby spinach!


I was so excited to eat this that I forgot to take a picture of it on it's plate and now it is all gone! I highly recommend this recipe for a side dish for times when you aren't cleansing!

No comments:

ShareThis